In addition to the traditional resources such as government agencies there are also a number of other resources. They include blogs, list servs, and email subscriptions that provide excellent information about the economy.
The following blogs provide thoughts and opinions on both sides of the aisle.
- Council of Economic Advisers – White House CEA analysis
- Econbrowser – Analysis of current economic conditions and policy by James Hamilton, UC San Diego.
- Economics Roundtable – Managed by William Parke, UNC Chapel Hill.
- Economist’s View – by University of Oregon professor Mark Thoma.
- Equitablog – by Brad DeLong, Washington Center for Equitable Growth.
- Greg Mankiw’s Blogspot – Random Observations for Students of Economics – Mankiw is a Harvard professor and was the Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisor’s under President Bush.
- Human Capital Exchange Gad Levanon Blog – Gad Levanon, Conference Board, blogs on labor markets and research conducted by the Conference Board.
- Paul Krugman Blog – Krugman’s op-ed pieces for the New York Times.
- Real Time Economics – economics blog from the Wall Street Journal.
- ShadowStats – a commercial site which analyzes current U.S. government economic data with limited commentary on its accuracy.
Subscription news email services
The following website provide general information about a variety of topics.
- ColoradoBiz – Business magazine addressing state economic and policy issues.
- Colorado Center on Law and Policy – Liberal Colorado think tank that conducts research on health care, economic security, and fiscal policy.
- Denver Business Journal – Business activity in Denver.
- Denver Post – Business activity in Denver and Colorado.
- Foundation for Child Development – National think tank that writes a blog and conducts research on the importance of child development to society and the economy.
- IHS – A commercial site with emails and some information avaialable without a subscription.
- Independence Institute – Right wing Colorado think tank.
- New America Foundation – National think tank that focuses on early child development and other issues.
- Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy – Follow the latest in renewable energy.
- Pacific Standard (formerly Miller-McCune) – An eclectic publication tying together the role of politics, economics, science, health care, and education.